The Pennsylvania Policy Center is looking for a campaign director to oversee a statewide campaign to ensure all Pennsylvanians can thrive. For too long, we have let politicians who serve the interests of corporations and the rich divide us based on what we look like, where we come from, where we worship, how much money we have, or whether we are native-born or immigrants. Our campaign advocates for bold action from state lawmakers to build a stronger, healthier, and more just future for us all.
The Pennsylvania Policy Center is the new statewide affiliate of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. It combines public policy analysis with advocacy through a new affiliate that is co-led by the largest grassroots advocacy in the state, as well as through other state advocacy tables. It will have an initial staff of nine and a budget of more than $1 million.
Campaign director is a full-time position. The successful candidate can be based anywhere in Pennsylvania, but there will be a need to spend 1-2 days in Harrisburg each month.
- Be part of the core leadership team of the new organization.
- Assist in developing the political strategy for the affiliated co-lead campaign with a team of state leaders from diverse organizations as well as other advocacy campaigns in which the organization is involved.
- Be the first point of contact with coalition partners, both state and national.
- Assist the director of the organization in building relationships with officials in the executive and legislative branches of government.
- Organize and conduct earned media events with the assistance of other staff and coalition partners.
- Create and/or disseminate educational materials through different channels (social media, website, email, etc.).
- Draft press materials (releases, short memos, advisories, etc.).
- Supervise the advocacy website.
- Provide research and analysis to policymakers, press, campaign staff, and partner organizations.
- Write advocacy briefs, fact sheets, and blog posts on policy issues.
- Represent the organization at coalition meetings and public events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for the campaign director position possesses
- 5–6 years of experience working on legislative issue advocacy or candidate campaigns.
- excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information clearly to a range of audiences, both in writing and through public speaking.
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and the ability to complete assigned projects under time constraints.
- the capacity to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with various individuals and organizations that are interested in a variety of policy areas.
- a bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, sociology, law, or a related field or relevant equivalent experience.
- a strong commitment to and understanding of the importance of economic, racial, and gender justice and equity.
The competitive salary is in the range of $75,000 to $90,000 depending on experience. The organization offers generous benefits, including 100% employer-paid health care, retirement benefits, and generous leave and vacation policies.
Successful applicants must live in Pennsylvania.
To apply, email a letter of interest as a single PDF, a résumé, references with contact information, and short writing samples to PPC’s executive director Marc Stier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified.
The Pennsylvania Policy Center is an equal-opportunity employer.